Shoot Center Staff
It is our goal to provide great customer service and a safe recreational shooting and retail experience for everyone from beginners to skilled shooters. In addition, we also look forward to positively serving the local firearms community.
At Shoot Center, we only hire the most qualified and friendly staff to assist our guests. We take employee training, safety, and customer service very seriously and strive to ensure that you have an exemplary experience when visiting our facility.
Aaron served for 10 years as a member of America’s elite U.S. Army Special Forces. As a “Green Beret” he had the pleasure of working with some of the finest soldiers in the military and training soldiers all over the world. After his time as the Senior Engineer of Operational Detachment Alpha 1223, Aaron helped prepare new soldiers for the rigors of Special Forces Assessment and Selection. Aaron rounded off his career as a firearms instructor at the Special Forces Weapon’s Maintenance and Training Facility located in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Aaron currently instructs active shooter intervention, pistol, and rifle courses for the renowned personal challenge company GORUCK Having led over 100 events for GORUCK, Aaron continues to contribute to the fight here at home.
Aaron is also an NRA certified Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor as well as an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer (CRSO).
“Special Forces shaped who I am today. My goal is to help others in the community be the most proficient and prepared version of themselves possible and to make our community safer through education and instruction. We owe it to them”.
- Mercer University: Macon, GA
- University of Florida: Gainesville, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Cum Laude
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University: Birmingham, AL
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
Attorney: 1981 – Present: Fort Myers, FL
- Civil Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Law
- Health Care Law
- Risk Management
- Worker’s Compensation
Registered Nurse: 1977 – 1980
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Room
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager: 2001 – Present
- Lee Island Coast Surgery Center
- Cape Coral Ambulatory Surgery Center
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Managing Partner of Kagan Law Firm, P.L.
- Citrus Grove Owner and Manager
- Developer & Co-Owner of Devonwood Estates
- Developer & Co-Owner of Jet South, Inc.
- Co-Owner of Private Sky Aviation
- Developer, Co-Owner & of Cru Restaurant
- Developer of Lee Island Coast Surgery Center and Cape Coral Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Co-Founder of Florida Doctors Insurance Company
- Chairman of the Board: Florida Doctors Holding Company
- Chairman of the Board: Florida Doctors Insurance Company
- Chairman of the Board: Insurance Company Managers
- Board of Directors of Investors Security Trust Company
- Former President of The American Medical Association Alliance
- Former President of The Florida Medical Association Alliance
- Board of Zoning and Adjustment for the City of Fort Myers, FL – 1984 to Present
- Former Chairperson for the Lee County YMCA capital campaign
- Former President of the Board of Directors of Lee County YMCA – 1994 to 1996
- Moot Court Judge – Ave Maria School of Law – 2010 and 2011
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- Private Pilot: Single Engine Aircraft & Helicopter
- Exercise and Strength Training
- Undergraduate, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Doctor of Medicine, University of South Florida
- Internship, Straight Surgery, University of Florida
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Diplomate, American College of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Lee County Medical Society
- Cape Coral Hospital
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Lee Memorial Hospital
- Lehigh Regional Medical Center
- Joint Replacement/Resurfacing of the Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
- Minimally Invasive Total Joint Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair and Stabilization Procedures for the Shoulder
- Fracture Management and Care
- Hand Surgery
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy
Dr. John Kagan has more than 29 years of experience in Sports Medicine and Adult Reconstructive Surgery. He has extensive training in the latest, most cutting-edge surgical techniques for orthopedics, such as minimally invasive hip and knee surgery, computer assisted surgery, hip resurfacing, oxford uni compartmental knee resurfacing, and shoulder humeral head resurfacing. Dr. Kagan has had vast experience with arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder and routinely performs arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic stabilization surgery, and arthroscopic ligament reconstruction surgery. He is also skilled and experienced in standard knee and shoulder arthroscopic techniques.
As a former all-American swimmer, Dr. Kagan also enjoys providing valuable medical care to professional and school-age athletes in the community.
Dr. Kagan earned a full scholarship in 1970 to the University of Alabama, where he was the Jimmy Moore Memorial Scholar Athlete Recipient prior to attending medical school at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He completed a surgical internship at the University of Florida and an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Kagan returned to Fort Myers in December 1980 to begin private practice.
He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.